MaverickBird (http://www.maverickbird.com/) nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you for the honor but as she writes it comes with a caveat.
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to shine a light on those lesser known blogs out there that they feel deserve a bit of the limelight. It’s also a way to connect with others in your genre and let them know you exist.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person that nominated you (and link back to their blog).
2. Answer 10 of their questions.
3. Nominate 10 blogs
4. Ask 10 of your own questions
5. Let your nominees know they have been nominated
Here it goes:
1. Why do you blog?
A tricky question and initial response will be …it gives me a high. On a serious note I want to share my experiences and knowledge of place visiting, its color and reason
2. What’s the essence of your blog, I mean what do you want to express through blogging?
Earlier it would be routine tourist stop. Now I want to feel the place, the why’s and what’s ( my newspaper instinct) and hope this seeps through my blog
3. What’s your travel style?
No backpacking for me. Not the best but medium and higher side of leisure travel.
4. Are you an adventurous foodie?
No. Prefer to try the tried.
5. How extreme travel style can you enjoy?
If I know where I am going and what I am doing then I do not mind traveling without reservations.
6. What would be your dream destination?
My dream destination was and still is Japan.
7. What would be your top 3 travel experiences?
1 First time asked to follow customs officer inside for questioning. This happened at Sanya Airport, China. They wanted to check on our laptop and Apple phones.
2. Learning that frankincense and Queen Sheba are for real….in Oman
3. The glaciers of Columbia Icefields, Alberta Canada
8. If money had no restraint, where, how and for how long would you travel?
9. What’s your travel music?
10. What does traveling give you?
A sense of belonging
10 Questions to ask of nominated bloggers
1. Blog is a link or mere words….
2. Blog Challenges help or distract from purpose of blog.
3. Should travel blogs should be more of ‘I’ or the ‘place’.
4. Pictures add to visual presence…..
5. How would you rate your blog
6. Repeating a Daily Post question …is blogging addictive?
7 Or is it a pleasure?
8 Do you present a place as you see it or embellish it?
9. Travel writing and blogging is getting competitive…
10. Should you target a specific audience or generalize
My nominated bloggers are: this is the tricky part. I can nominate twenty but have seven at present.
Where is my backpack
janaline’s world journey
wordbeads (not a travel blog)
The test from my side is that the bloggers will see their name instead of my writing to them individually. Hope I am excused this once.